We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Have you purchased a new Fitbit? Are you looking for how to set up your device to start tracking your daily activity? The good news is that you have landed at the right place.
There are various Fitbit devices, including Fitbit Alta HR, Fitbit Charge3, Fitbit versa, Fitbit ionic, etc. The setup process of all the devices is almost the same. In this article, you will learn how to setup your Fitbit device for Android, iOS, or Windows phone.
Install the Fitbit Application
First of all, you need to install the Fitbit app on your phone. The application is available across all platforms, including Play Store, App Store, and Windows Phone Store.
- Open the store application on your phone.
- Search for the Fitbit app.
- Tap on 'Install' or 'Get' and allow it to download completely.
Log in or Join Fitbit
Once you have downloaded the application successfully, open the application. Now, you will be asked to log in or join Fitbit. If you already have a Fitbit account, enter your email and password to log in. Otherwise, you need to create an account by tapping on 'Join Fitbit.'
- While creating an account, it will ask ‘Which Fitbit tracker are you setting up?’ Choose your device and tap ‘Set up your Fitbit.’
- The next screen will require you to enter your email and password. Click ‘Next’ once you finish entering the details.
- Now, enter your personal details, including your date of birth, weight, gender, etc. Tap on the ‘create an account.’
- Now, let’s set up your device and start moving.
Set Up Your Fitbit Device
After you have signed up or logged in successfully, it will ask you to plug in your device into a USB port via the charging cable. However, if your Fitbit device has some power, the application will find it without plugging it into the USB port. Make sure that your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and the Fitbit device is new to your phone.
- The application will ask for a four digit code displayed on your Fitbit device. Enter the number in the application.
- On the other hand, if your device doesn’t have a display, it will ask you to simply tap on it.
- In both situations, after you enter the code or tap the Fitbit device, it will start pairing with your phone. Usually, it doesn’t take more than two minutes to pair successfully.
Update Your Fitbit Device
If you are setting up Fit Versa or Fitbit Ionic, it will ask you to connect with a Wi-Fi network after pairing successfully. Once connected with the network, it will automatically install the updates to provide you with the best possible experience.
Set your Preferences
Congratulations! Your device has been paired with your phone successfully. Now, it will give you a short overview of how to use your device. It will ask you to select the wrist where you will wear your Fitbit (you can always change it later in the settings).
Now, it’s time to set up your goals. The application will take you to a screen where you can set your goals. There are a number of options, including weight goals, sleeping habits, etc. Don’t worry, if you are not sure about your goals, you can always change them later. Once you set a goal, it will give you suggestions regarding how to achieve it. Once you are done, it will take you to the dashboard.
From the dashboard, you can review your activity data and set up new challenges. Also, you can change settings related to reminders, push notifications, etc. Fitbit also allows you to add friends, view their activity details, and compare with your activity. This is actually a great idea to keep you motivated. Make sure that you add all the friends who are also using a fitness tracker.
So, now you know how to set up a Fitbit. In fact, setting up your Fitbit is just the first step to staying active and adopting a healthy lifestyle. The next thing is to ensure that you are wearing your Fitbit as much as possible. In order to achieve your ultimate goal, you need to set targets and build on them gradually.
Set your exercise goals realistically and make sure you achieve them each day. Apart from being active, you also need to track your eating habits. Unfortunately, Fitbit can’t track it itself, so you should log it manually to maintain a healthy body. Eat healthy, stay active, and have a healthy life.