We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
So you’re an iPhone user? Fantastic. You’ve got what is in your mind, the superior OS and brand. You are also considering getting a Fitbit. You know they’re a great gadget, but you want to see if they’re compatible with iOS? Well look no further.
Can A Fitbit Connect to an iPhone?
Yes, you can! Now go out there, buy your Fitbit, and come back so we can show you how to connect it to your iPhone.
Have your Fitbit ready? Great. Here’s how to pair your device with your iPhone; it doesn’t matter what model you have — Iconic, Blaze, or any other. So these instructions are a one size fits all!
So first things first, you got to get yourself over to the app store and download the official Fitbit app.
How to Download the Fitbit App From The App Store
- Boot up your iPhone, iPad, or whatever Apple device you’re using, and launch the app store
- On the bottom of your screen, you should see a bar and a magnifying glass. Tap on this, enter Fitbit in the bar and search.
- Find the app; it’s just called “Fitbit” and click on download
- Allow the app to download with your authorization method (face ID, fingerprint ID, or your password)
- Wait for the app to download and install on your device
How to Register an Account on The Fitbit App For iOS
- Okay, next up, you have actually to set up your Fitbit account on your device.
- Launch the Fitbit app on your iPhone or iPad
- In the app hit on the join Fitbit option
- You can see a list of all the available Fitbit devices out there. Scroll through the list to find the one you own, and tap on it
- Click the set-up option
- Enter in all your relevant account details
- Click on the checkbox to confirm that you accept Fitbit’s terms of service, then click on the other box to sign up for email marketing promotions (if you want)
- Hit the next option
- Hit the let’s go option
- On this screen, adjust the sliders to enter your date of birth
- Hit on next
- Here, adjust the ruler on your screen to enter your height,
- Tap next again
- Select your gender option
- Once again, hit next
- Swipe the screen left and right to enter your weight
- Tap on create account
- Read the terms and conditions (even though we both know you won’t)
- Hit I agree
Boom! Your account is created, you’re almost ready to get going on your adventures, but before you do, you have actually to pair up your Fitbit device with your iOS device.
How To Pair My Fitbit With My iPhone / iPad?
- Launch the Fitbit app on your apple device
- In the top-right corner of the app, you should see a button labeled account, hit it
- Hit on the set-up device option
- You are then shown a list, so find the Fitbit you want to pair on it and tap it
- Next, get your Fitbit and plug it into its charger
- Back on the app, tap next, and it begins searching for your device
- If your Fitbit has a screen, you should see a code on it. Enter this code in the app. If your Fitbit doesn’t have a screen, just tap your Fitbit.
- Hit next on the app and make your way through the various screens. These walk you through how to use your Fitbit and its various features, so you may want to pay attention.
Finally, you’re done! You’re all set to get out there and start tracking your activity.
There is a chance, however, that this won’t go so smoothly and according to plan. If your Fitbit doesn’t sync up, then here is a possible fix.
Why Won’t My Fitbit Sync?
There Are a Few Reasons That Your Fitbit Device Isn’t Syncing to Your iPhone:
- Your Fitbit app could be out of date. Go to the app store, search for the Fitbit app, and make sure that you have the most up to date version of it.
- Your phone itself might also need to be updated. Go to your settings. From here, tap on general, then software update. If it tells you that new software is available, then make sure you update.
- Make sure that there is no possible Bluetooth interference while trying to sync up your devices.
- Make sure that you have enough charge in your Fitbit’s battery.
If Your Device Still Doesn’t Sync, Then Try the Following Solution:
- From your setting on your iPhone, force quit the Fitbit app
- Go to your Bluetooth settings and turn it off and back on again
- Relaunch the Fitbit app and try again
- If your device still hasn’t synced up, then try this:
- Restart your device and try again
- If this doesn’t work, restart and try one more time
- If it still isn’t working, try logging into your account on a different device, and sync your Fitbit up with that instead
If, after all this, it still won’t work for you, your best bet would probably be contacting Fitbit’s customer support. It might be a more complicated problem, or you might even have been unlucky enough to get a faulty model.
So, to sum it up for you. Yes, your Fitbit can connect to your iPhone. In fact, the process is near identical to if you were connecting it to an Android or Windows device.
We’ve walked you through how to set up your account, sync your device, and what to do if your Fitbit won’t sync up. So, follow the instructions we’ve given you, and you should be good to go.
Of course, there are plenty of issues and questions about the compatibility of Fitbit’s and iPhones that aren’t covered here. If there is anything else you need to know, Fitbit’s official customer support page is of useful information.
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, a quick google search might do it. If even still you have no luck, you might want to try giving Fitbit’s customer support staff a call or drop them an email. Who better to provide you with advice on your device then the people who made it?
Good luck and enjoy your Fitbit!